Monday, October 14, 2019

                Hey guys, so today is 10-14-19. Wow the end of the quarter is in 3 days. We have completed our idea for the commercial. Today we spent class time learning the editing program. I really like our idea and i think we can make it really good if we all put our best foot forward. We learned some new vocab as well. My favorite being dump. Basically it means to take footage off the sd card and "dump" it onto the computer. I took some really good notes on the whole process. So basically we learned to get the best cleanist cuts we have to let the camera roll for a little bit before we actually start the scene. This is the "background'. I completely forgot to mention that we are using the pinnacle studio to edit. We also learned everything about the way the camera works. We got to see the tripod and the way it extends and tilts. I think we are gonna use a crane angle because the tripods can extend up and tilt down. Lily wasn't here so we didn't get to talk about how we were gonna take every shot but we will facetime later and figure it out.
              For the shooting we are going to be doing it on the track. when lily "faints" the crane shot is gonna work really well because its gonna show her on the ground. Theres gonna be a lot of different takes. We are gonna have a lot of different angles. We dont want a boring eye level commercial the whole time. It gonna be fun fresh and eventful. We are currently working on getting all the props and outfits. I think I almost have everything but the whistle. Im qalso really proud of my notes they are organized by color. All tghe definitions are in red all directions are in blue and the important points are in pink. I made them pretty detailed so i think i got everything i need to properly edit and be sucssesful. I think when i go home im gonna try to practice my lines and maybe some up with some new funny lines. I wanna see if i can get the editing app on my computer so we will see how that goes.
          Being able to edit the shots should come easy to me because i used to film shows of my dolls when i was little and edit on my ipad. I was pretty young and recently i looked back and none of them were saved to my moms desktop. So im really gonna be careful saving and having copies of our project. Its gonna be horrible if we get the whole thing done and it all get deleted if the computer bugs out. The editing process will almost be as fun as the filmig. I know we are gonna laugh at ourselves so hard, Watching all the outtakes. I think taking a lot of takes will be good . Even if we get a perfect shot sometimes its the background that really makes the scene look and sound nice. I think we are gonna make up some funny quote for the end of the commercial kinda like how subway has "eat fresh". Something that goes along with the Gatorade. Today was a pretty calm day i like learning more about the filming and editing process. i think i might be changing my interests. It would be so awesome to be best director. Make movies that bring people together. Some how i always get off topic talking to you guys. anyways hope your day was nice. see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment