Friday, October 16, 2020

research 9 short

 


Hello everyone today I will be telling you about my first impression and thoughts about the short film 9. 9 is a 7-minute computer-animated short made in 2005 by Shane Acker.  My first impression of this short was that it was weird. I didn't get it and the fact that there were no words left me confused. But I watched it twice and took a break a let it sink in and it all clicked after the second time. I went through so many emotions with this little hacky sack looking thing. In the beginning, the 9 was in a memory of the last time he was with 5. Then things start to rise when the evil robot kills five. The climax was when 9 decided to take charge and get revenge for his whole family. He sets a trap and runs all around this place with the robot chasing him. Then in the end the robot thinks he cornered 9. This is where he was wrong and 9 pulled out one last trick and lifted the mattress that was holding the stick up which caused the robot to fall to its death. My favorite part about this whole film has to be the character development of 9. In the beginning, he is looking around a thing and ran when the robot came. He was scared and didn't know what to do besides run away and hide. By the end, he was stronger and smarted and he went to fight his demons. He didn't back down even when he was facing death. Once this ended he put the ball together and let his families spirits out. The director choosing to put no dialogue in the movie was truly a very broad choice. But I do think it was a very smart one. It was almost like the actions that happened played the story better than any conversation could. Overall this short was really great and i cant wait to watch 9 the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment