Monday, December 2, 2019

film blog the beach sucess

          so today was the first day back from break and boy was it hard to get together to film. As you know in the previous weekend we got rained out on the only day we could meet and we didn't film through the rain because it didn't have the right vibe. Obviously, we were on break because of thanksgiving. The point of it was to spend time with our family. The whole week I was free but lily wasn't. Then when she got back we were both busy on Saturday. I know what you were thinking about how about just meet with Anyiah? well, she was busy with family and also Anyiah is currently injured. she has a brace around her knee and crutches in sand don't mix well at all. Lily and I finally got to a time where both her parents and my parents allowed us to go out to do the project. We only had about an hour so it became very stressful. Everybody has trouble communicating with their parents and I think I was so stressed I wasn't properly communicating to my mom how bad I wanted to get a good grade and take time to film and not just rush something together. I was disappointed because we originally had people that were gonna come to be background. They were gonna dance and lip sink. The most important job of theirs was bringing in the props. But that failed. Everyone had to cancel because of either their own projects or because their parents wouldn't let them go out on a Sunday because of homework and church. But I think me and lily made it work pretty well for just the two of us. We first took our pan shots of the beach which was absolutely stunning let me tell you we caught it at the perfect time of the day. Then we moved on to getting shots of the seagulls so we could add the sound of them making their noise for the more beach vibe. Then we took the time to place the tripod perfectly so we could start filming without having anybody behind the camera since it was just the two fo us. We successfully shot everything we needed and overall I say it was a good learning experience that you cant always rely on other more than you can rely on yourself. If I would have taken responsibility for the beach supplies the shoot would have been a lot more fun and true to the original video. I was actually happily surprised to watch the shot and realize how well we made it work even though it was just the two of us with nothing else to work with.  My favorite scene to shoot was the end scene because we got to jump into the water all dramatically. We also through in some cartwheels here and there for a splash of fun. I'm excited to see how this all gets put together. A lot of work went into making this go smooth so I hope it doesn't go to waste. I'm glad I chose this group again we always get things done even if we can't do it under the best circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment